We are committed to putting the consumer first and being transparent on how we collect, use and protect your personal information. The data controller is Gas World Limited (referred to in this policy as “we“, “us” or “our“). We want you to be confident that the personal information you give us is safe and secure with us, and understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised service.
- the personal information we collect;
- how and why we collect and use your personal information;
- why we process your personal information;
- when and why we will disclose your personal information to third party organisations;
- the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal information;
- the steps we take to ensure your information is kept secure and confidential;
- how long we will hold your information for; and
- how to contact us.
2.Personal Information we collect
- When you book an appointment with us you must give us your name, address, email address and telephone number.
- When we carry out works at your property, we may take details of the appliances in your property and any other information which may effect/concern the functionality and use of your, boiler heating system, sanitaryware or other heating appliances
- When you register with our ‘Heat-Cover’ plan or for service reminders you must give us your name address, telephone number, details of your heating appliances.
- When you visit our website we may collect information about your online browsing behaviour and any devices you have used to access our Site (including your IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers)
- When you contact us through the website with an enquiry we will take your name, address, email and telephone number so we may respond to your enquiry.
- When payments are made we may require the account or card holders card details, name and address
3. How we collect and use your personal information
This section explains how we collect and use your personal information.
3.1. Booking an appointment
We collect your names, address, email address and telephone number when you book an appointment with you. We use this to send you a booking confirmation, quotation and to contact you concerning your appointment. This information will be passed to the attending engineer prior to works being carried out. This information may then be passed to third parties in order to register any works or any product warrantees. Your personal details will be kept secure with your property details as a record of the works carried out in your property and as evidence for any warrantees. We will also use this information to send you service reminders and any promotions which may be applicable to you
3.2. Heat-Cover or Service Reminders
We may collect your name, address, email address telephone number and details concerning your property and heating appliances. We will use this information to advice of or plan and arrange service calls and repairs, advice you of any promotions that may be applicable to yourselves, register any works or warranties with required third parties
3.3. Contact us requests
When you contact us through our website, we will require your name, email address & telephone number so that we may contact you in response to your request
3.4. Payment information
Where payment is made via credit card we will take your name address and credit card details so we can process the payment and allocate it accordingly. The credit card details will automatically be deleted once successful payment is made unless we have been specifically requested to store this information. Evidence of payment will be kept on file
3.5 Details supplied by Third Parties
We may be provided with your information by a third party due to contracts we have with such third party. Where this is the case, we will use your information to contact you for the purpose of the request of the third party. Your details may then be stored by ourselves as evidence of any works carried out in your property and to advice of any required works that may be required as part of any agreement with the third party or to advice of any works required to maintain any warrantees issued by the third party.
3.6. Internal reporting, insight and analysis
We may also use the personal information referred to in this section 3 to generate aggregated, anonymised data for the purposes of internal reporting, insight and analysis, enabling us to improve and personalise our Site, the products we offer and search results for our Site. Where necessary this exercise may be carried out on our behalf by a third party – please see section 7 below.
All personal information we hold on yourself can be deleted on request by contacting us at [email protected] or on 01179725340
3.8. Contacting you
We collect and may use your personal information to:
3.8.1 contact you in response to the communications that you have directed at us. We want to be able to help you so we use personal data to provide clarification or assistance in response to your communications;
3.8.2 request customer satisfaction information following works in your property
3.8.3 award you a prize if you have won a competition we’re running.
3.8.4 Provide reminders of when servicing or other works is due.
3.8.5 Provide information on promotions or to advertise other services provided by ourselves.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law (see section 12 below).
- Why do we process this personal information?
We will only collect and use your personal information (as described in sections 2 and 3) in accordance with data protection laws. Our grounds for processing your personal information are as follows:
- Consent – Where necessary we will only collect and process your personal information if you have consented for us to do so. For example, when you register for one of our services or book an appointment.
- Legitimate Interests – We may use and process some of your personal information where we have sensible and legitimate business grounds for doing so. Under European privacy laws there is a concept of “legitimate interests” as a justification for processing your personal information. Our legitimate interests for processing your personal information are:
- To allow us to meet the requirements of our commitments to other parties who may have provided us with your information. For Example a landlord may require us to keep records of contact details and works carried out while works are under warrantee.
From May 2018, you will have a right to object to our use of your personal information for these legitimate interests, including a right to object to profiling by us (see section 8 below).
- Use of children’s personal information
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 16. If you are aged under 16 please get your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us.
- Disclosure of your personal information to other organisations
The personal information that we collect when you use our Site is confidential. We may disclose your personal information to a third party in the following circumstances:
6.1. When works are required for self-notifications under building regulations through an appropriate accreditation scheme.
6.2. Registration of warrantees with manufacturers of supplied products
6.3. Notification of works with appropriate accreditation bodies
6.4. When works we are contracted to carry out are conducted by a sub-contractor or third party organisation.
6.5. For the registration of any grants or funding.
6.6. For auditing to be carried out by our gas safety auditors.
6.7. All data will be backed up by our appointed IT support company as part of our IT security and recovery plan.
6.8. All personal data provided by our website will be processed via our web hosting company.
6.9. For completion of management and company accounts and their subsequent auditing
6.10. If required or permitted to do so by law;
6.11. If required to do so by any court, the Financial Conduct Authority or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, governmental or law enforcement agency;
6.12. If necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings;
- How you can change permissions
Your privacy is of huge importance to us. All emails or other forms of communication directly from us to you will include clear instructions on how to unsubscribe. Plus, if you don’t want to be contacted by us anymore you can email [email protected]. Section 9 below also sets out your other information rights.
- Your information rights and responsibilities
From 25 May 2018 you will have the following rights:
8.1.1. Right to request personal information: a Subject Access Request canbe issued requiring us to disclose any information we hold on yourselves
8.1.2. Right to correct: the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
8.1.3. Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems;
8.1.4. Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to ‘block’ us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it;
8.1.5. Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information;
8.1.6. Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests, or where we use your personal information to carry out profiling to inform our market research and user demographics. If you raise an objection we will stop processing your personal information unless very exceptional circumstances apply, in which case we will let you know why we’re continuing to process your personal information.
We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to provide you with your rights in accordance with data protection legislation.
8.3. If you’re not satisfied with the way any complaint you make in relation to your personal information is handled by us then you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection regulator. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
9.3. Some third-party technology we use (eg, embedded videos, social sharing) also drop cookies to improve your experience on their sites.
- Keeping your personal information secure
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us so we store and process your personal information in accordance with the high standards required under data protection legislation. We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can’t guarantee its security. By using our services you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal information or any other related data protection questions, please contact us at [email protected] or write to the Data Access Request, Gas World Ltd, 1 Avon Valley Business Park, Chapel Way, St Annes, Bristol, BS4 4EU